Requirements for MEA Attestation/Apostille:
- All original documents requiring attestation or Apostille should be first authenticated by the designated agencies in the State from where the document has been issued.
- In case of personal documents, Home Department/General Administration Department are the designated authorities.
- In case of educational documents, the documents should first be authenticated by the Education Department of the concerned State Government/Union Territory. The Ministry of External Affairs attests the documents on the basis of the signature of the designated signing authorities of the State Government/Union Territory/Chambers of Commerce; hence it does not take responsibility of the contents of the documents.
- Commercial Documents are to be pre-authenticated by the respective Chambers of Commerce before these can be attested by the Ministry of External Affairs
- A Photo copy of the document to be attested and.
- A Photocopy of the Passport whose document required to be legalized only on.
- Only original documents are legalized and not on photo copies.
- In case of Apostille, applicant needs to provide 50 Rs.Postal order.